Industry Support and Mentorship Programme
The mentorship service includes:
- Direct telephone support by the NRGP’s Mentorship Programme Manager during a crisis and debriefing after traumatic events.
- An email and telephone facility for dealing with queries.
- Mentoring and support to all employees who deal directly with gamblers.
FORMAT OF MENTORING/SUPPORT SESSIONS
Average: 3 sessions per day
Time: approx 2.5 hours per session
Size: 5-10 per group
Content: The latest on gambling and gamblers, the NRGP and the service it provides.
The most important are discussions around the specific problems employees encounter working in the gambling industry and ways to deal with this through knowledge of their clients and self-knowledge. The mentoring manager is led by the need of the group but discussions could include the following:
Gambling amongst casino employees, Casino employee stressors, Gambling patron sub-types, Stress management, Anger Management, Crisis management & antidotes for crisis, DSM5,In conversation with a gambler (do’s and don’ts), Managing difficult and abusive clients (gamblers), NRGP stats on problem gambling in SA
All employees who deal directly with gamblers i.e. all gaming floor staff (dealers and slots), cashiers, VIP desk, marketing, surveillance, security, food and beverage.
FOR BOOKINGS OF ALL INDUSTRY SUPPORT AND MENTORSHIP PROGRAMME TRAINING PLEASE EMAIL: Training@sargf.org.za
National Schools Programme
Taking Risks Wisely
The Taking Risks Wisely Programme is targeting the schools kids / young adults .
It teaches the youngsters to think about the consequences of their behaviour before doing anything especially gambling.
The programme does not stop youngsters from doing what they want to do ,however, it gives them the opportunity to find better solutions to their problems and that whatever decisions they make they are informed discisions.
Format of the Programme
- A script is performed by two or more actors relaying messages about the effects of gambling, either illegal or legal.
- A 1 hour presentation is also presented to learners / youngsters about different life skills issues .
- The learners / youngsters are then encouraged to participate in the discussion
FOR BOOKINGS OF ALL TRAINING PLEASE EMAIL:
Training@sargf.org.za / alternatively firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 071 515 0429